John is a multi-faceted leader and business veteran adept at gaining competitive advantage and building stakeholder value through a track record of successful strategy, marketing and operations innovations. He creates and executes vision while solving problems along the way.
Strategic & Business Planning
- Annual and Quarterly Business Plans, Long Range Strategic Plans and Forecasting for several Global Manufacturers
- Annual Business Plans, Strategic Plans and Forecasting for High Growth Environmental Design Build firm
- Annual Business Plans, Strategic Plans and Forecasting for Regional multi-location Retail Agri-Business
- Annual Business Plans, Strategic Plans and Forecasting for Information Technology Managed Service Provider
- Developed Nationally recognized Strategic Plan for Police Department
- Driver of Strategic Planning and Financial Turnaround for Historic Performing Arts Organization
- Annual Business and Strategic Plans for Chamber of Commerce
- Annual Business and Strategic Plans for Environmental Conservation Organization
- Led Religious Organization through Severe Budget Crisis and Financial Turnaround
- Aggressive P&L Management – Grew operating income over 300% in the first year at multi location agri-business through new business plan, reorganization and operational improvements.
- Innovative Product Management – Delivered new annual growth rates in revenue 28%, earnings 31% and market share from distant 3rd to 1st for a global Fortune 500 Corporation through new product launch program and realigned operations.
- Business Turnaround – Repositioned financial center for 7 day/week, 361day operation; closed two underperforming branches; consolidated and improved services. Grew market share 15% and deposits 7% CAGR. Top 10% in customer service ratings of all bank operations.
- Spearheaded Customer Experience – Introduced product quality improvement initiatives and operations fixes at critical customer touch points improving order closure rate and repeat orders 35%.
- Reduced Time to Market – Optimization of design and operations workflow of complex custom-engineered products reducing delivery from 1 year to 18 weeks and aftermarket components from 6 months to 2-4 weeks.
- Product Development to time with IPO – Directed $20M product line re-development program of leading edge energy efficient technologies to address new environmental market requirements in support of the new public company.
- Growth Management – Grew revenue 30% and profits 38% through right-sizing and reorganization, key senior staff hiring and operations improvements for ecological restoration design build company.
- Rebuilt Finance – Reorganized, Instituted Financial Controls, Best Practices and Planning & Analysis Functionality for several clients.
- Project Management – Managed New Construction and Redevelopment Projects for multiple clients.
Marketing & Sales
- Game Changing Global Marketing Campaign – Created and led programs that changed market rules for evaluating product performance and deployed leading edge technologies through a revolutionary line of energy efficient products and value propositions.
- Unified Global Brand – Created new identity platform across acquired business units and standardized internal and external communications.
- Directed National Sales Force – Over 100 independent manufacturers representatives and $245M capital equipment sales.
- Changed Market Perception – Market repositioning of a dysfunctional financial center through operations improvements, personal and business client outreach, and community relationship building through non-profit board involvement.
- Launched Advanced Technology Startup – Created corporate identity and strategies for market-changing products generating credibility for an unknown company and technology through innovative marketing programs and beta-site proof cases. Created first sales with key industry OEM’s and energy service companies.
- Corporate Spokesperson – Managed communications for environmental issues and Olympic sponsorship for $4B Fortune 500 Company.
- New Identity and Marketing Strategies – Successful repackaging and rejuvenation of declining regional symphony orchestra.
- Environmental Solutions Marketing – Key global implementer of the Montreal Protocol directives and energy efficiency technologies to address global warming.
Organizational Structure & Development
- Implemented Global Marketing Matrix Organization for Global Manufacturer
- Implemented Project Management Based Organizational Structure for High Growth Environmental Design Build Firm
- Introduced Functional Organizational Structure vs. Traditional for multiple municipal clients
- Implemented Committee and Cross-Functional Team Structure for multiple clients
- Hired and Mentored New Senior Staff for multiple clients
- Introduced Performance Review Process for multiple clients
- Developed and Implemented Incentive Compensation Programs for multiple clients
- Managed Strategic Hiring for multiple clients
- Ownership, Family Transitions and Exit Strategies for multiple clients
New Business Opportunities
- Merged Competitors for a Global Manufacturer
- Evaluated Acquisition Candidates for multiple clients
- Launched Joint Venture for Global Manufacturer
- Marketed Company for Acquisition for multiple clients
- Developed Facility Expansion Alternatives for multiple clients
- Evaluated New Business Ventures for multiple clients
VICE PRESIDENT – GLOBAL PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
YORK INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
Global $4B manufacturer of building and process cooling, energy management products and services
VICE PRESIDENT – MARKETING AND SALES, AMERICAS
BALTIMORE AIRCOIL COMPANY
Global $450M building and process cooling energy management equipment company
VICE PRESIDENT – MARKETING, SALES AND SERVICE
Industry-changing, multi-national advanced technology turbo-machinery start-up
TD BANK, NA
$100M multi-branch financial center
CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER
SMARDT CHILLER GROUP INC.
Global $100M advanced technology cooling products for buildings and process
ACTING CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER AND STRATEGIC ADVISOR
WILKINSON ECOLOGICAL DESIGN, INC.
Leading edge ecological restoration and coastal stabilization design build company
ACTING VICE PRESIDENT OF MARKETING
7AC TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
Advanced HVAC technology startup
STRATEGY AND OPERATIONS CONSULTANT
I.T. WORKS!, INC.
Information Technology Managed Service Provider
STRATEGIC PLANNING AND BUSINESS ADVISOR
AGWAY OF CAPE COD, INC.
Multi-location diversified agri-business
Software technology startup for the building energy efficiency market
Biometric Technology startup
TOWN OF ORLEANS
Police and Fire Rescue Departments
TOWN OF BREWSTER
Fire Rescue Department