Per John Ostman is a fractional executive and business advisor focused on strategic business planning and operational implementation in support of companies and organizations that seek a boost in trajectory. John is a business veteran with over 30 years of leadership and management experience ranging from positions in Fortune 500 companies and leading financial institutions to mid-size companies, startups, trade associations and non-profit institutions.
With his broad global experience in operations, strategic & business planning, marketing & sales, and product management, John is known for delivering innovative market changing products, services and strategies while providing professional operational guidance and leadership.
While serving some clients in a business advisory role, John also has served other clients in executive roles that include Chief Marketing Officer for the Smardt Chiller Group in Montreal; Vice President of Sales and Marketing – Americas for The Baltimore Aircoil Company, in Jessup, MD and Chief Operating Officer for Wilkinson Ecological Design, Inc. in Orleans, MA.
Prior to his consulting business, John served in several conventional executive and operational roles that include: Vice President – Global Product Management for York International Corporation (now a unit of Johnson Controls) in York, PA where he led global marketing and product management for industrial and commercial air conditioning products and services; and Vice President – Marketing, Sales and Service for Turbocor Inc. (now a unit of Danfoss) in Melbourne, Australia and Montreal as a key business development executive and driver of an R&D startup which developed high technology compressors for the air conditioning industry that dramatically decreased energy consumption in the built environment. John’s industry renowned efforts at both York International and Turbocor targeted the implementation of the Montreal Protocol (elimination of ozone depleting substances) and dramatic improvements in energy efficiency reducing the operating cost of buildings, facilities and the drivers of climate change.
In addition, John’s experience includes the financial services sector as AVP/Branch Manager with Citizens Financial Group and as Vice President with TD Bank, N.A. where he led a multi-branch financial center.
John has been engaged in non-profit, community service and trade association leadership throughout his career in York, PA; Washington, D.C. and Orleans, MA where he recently received the Community Service Award from the Orleans Chamber of Commerce.
John received his Bachelor of Science degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering from Cornell University. In addition, he completed graduate business coursework at the University of Delaware and has certificates in Strategic Marketing and Strategic Pricing from the University of Chicago Booth School. John and his wife, Susan, have two sons.
- Vision Creation and Implementation: Mission driven leader/change agent with the operational, marketing, technical and strategic thinking talent to effectively drive a product, service, or organization from vision to market success.
- Value Proposition Development and Communication: Translates vision and sets strategy by defining reality and identity, ensuring objectives are in sync with the soul of the enterprise.
- Champion of the Customer Experience: Ensures excellence in customer/enterprise touch points through implementation of rigorous performance standards and responsive operations delivering a world-class experience.
- Delivery of Results: Bridges the gap between strategy and implementation and combines insightful problem analysis with creative solutions that achieves a track record of increased stakeholder value for startup through multi-billion global enterprises in manufacturing, financial and service sectors.
- Broad Functional Expertise: Diversified management experience in marketing, sales, engineering, operations, project management and financial services.
- Collaborative and Collegial Management Approach: Connects and integrates ideas and people, leads cross-functional teams, actively mentors others, and collaborates through challenging projects and business turnaround to build talented management resources. Leverages strong communication and interpersonal skills to gain support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.